September 4, 2013 Leave a comment
Office365 Home Premium & Office365 University updates:
- OneNote for Android now supports English QWERTY keyboards
Office365 for business updates:
- Exchange Online mailbox sizes are doubling – increase in size from the original 25GB to 50GB. Kiosk, shared and resource mailboxes will also have some increase in size.
- SkyDrive Pro enhancements – Increases default storage from 7GB to 25GB. Admins are now given option to increase this further. Upload of individual files not has a limit of 2GB. Increase in the default retention period from 30days to 90 days. Versioning has been turned on by default for newly created SkyDrive Pro Libraries.
- Ability to easily switch plans – Switch Plans Wizard helps customers upgrade to higher plans within their service plan family.
- Message Center – Admins have the ability to view important service updates from within their Office365 Admin Center.
- Remote PowerShell for Lync Online – Improved management and automation.
- Lync Mobile Apps – Mobile Apps for iPhone and Windows Phone now support viewing shared meeting content such as PowerPoint slides or a desktop.
- Cascading controls in Access Web App – Build Drop-down selectors that show values based on previous selections.
Note* – Some of the above updates may take time to show up in your Office 365 account as they are being rolled out worldwide. Not all updates apply to every plan.
Many thanks to — Andy O’Donald @andyodonald at Microsoft for the update on the blogs.office.com website, appreciate your time in updating us!
- Update to Exchange Online! 50GB Mailboxes all round! (guru365.net)
- Benefits of Office365 – @office365 guru365.net (guru365.net)
- Free Trial of Microsoft Office365! #office365 (guru365.net)
- What’s new: August 2013 (blogs.office.com)