SkyDrive Pro Synchronisation issues #skydrive


skydrive (Photo credit: Doroty cielu)

I have noticed some people have had issues with their SkyDrive Pro synchronisation when deploying Office across their workforce, not entirely sure of the reason but have found some posts that seem to have rectified the issues;

Below are the steps I have ran through to resolve synchronisation issues;


To begin try the first 4 steps to see if this resolves your issue.

1. In SkyDrive Pro select “Stop Syncing a Folder”

2. Delete the SkyDrive folder on the local machine

3. Clear all browsing history in IE

4. Use Disk Clean up to remove temporary files


If you are still experiencing issues please try the following, I would recommend an administrator complete these tasks if you are experiencing this as a regular user.


1. Ensure that any Office processes are not running, groove.exe (SkyDrive Pro), msouc.exe, msosync.exe, office library sync,…

2. Open Windows explorer and browse to



Delete all the contents.

3. Reconfigure a document library which you want to sync.


I believe this will resolve the issue, possibly a cache corruption causing problems with the uploading of files and stalling the queue, any comments or input, please post 🙂

%d bloggers like this: