When is a Small Business not a Small Business – Office 365
June 10, 2013 Leave a comment
There are some scenarios where Office 365 for Small Business (P-Plans) do not fit the bill.
(In fact I’d probably go for the opposite approach, look for a reason why a company would need a P-Plan rather than an E-Plan.)
Some of the reasons for going to a ‘lesser’ Enterprise subscription (E Plan) would benefit a customer;
- Need Active Directory Sync – Ability to sync/manage user groups
- Need advanced archive capabilities – Email archiving for legal compliance
- Need BES – Blackberry Enterprise Server
- Growing to >50 users – More than 50 PC organisation today or tomorrow
- 24×7 Phone Support – Microsoft direct vs. community support
These are extremely important considerations to think about, the inability to upgrade from the P-Plan to the E-Plans is a key reason!
Although they are cheaper and offer ‘similar’ features, lower E-plans allow for growth by allowing bolt-ons of additional space if required and not having a restriction on the amount of users for a particular subscription. Does a 25 user company really want to be locked into a plan that has no room for growth? What if their product goes global? The idea of starting again wouldn’t be a welcome one for any business.